This privacy notice discloses the privacy practices for Oak Ridge Dental Arts’ website at www.oakridgedentalarts.com. This privacy notice applies solely to information collected by this website. It will notify you of the following:
- What personally identifiable information is collected from you through the website, how it is used and with whom it may be shared.
- “Cookies” and how we use them.
- Information regarding links to other websites.
- What choices are available to you regarding the use of your data.
- How you can correct any inaccuracies in the information.
- The security procedures in place to protect the misuse of your information.
Information Collection, Use, and Sharing
We are the sole owners of the information collected on this site. We only have access to/collect information that you voluntarily give us via request appointment submission, online chat service, email or other direct contact from you. We will not sell or rent this information to anyone.
We will use your information to respond to you, regarding the reason you contacted us. We will not share your information with any third party outside of our organization.
The personal information we collect from you may include:
- Your First and Last Name
- Your Date of Birth
- Your Phone Number
- Your Email Address
- What Type of Appointment/Treatment You May Need
- Demographic Information
We partner with another party to provide specific services (example, online chat service). When the visitor uses these services, we will share names, or other contact information that is necessary for the third party to provide these services. These parties are not allowed to use personally identifiable information except for the purpose of providing these services.
Should users wish to deny the use and saving of cookies from this website onto their computer’s hard drive, they should take necessary steps within their web browser’s security settings to block all cookies from this website and its external serving vendors.
This website contains links to other sites. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the content or privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site and to read the privacy statements of any other site that collects personally identifiable information.
Your Access to and Control Over Information
You may opt out of any future contacts from us at any time. You can do the following at any time by contacting us via the email address or phone number given on our website:
- See what data we have about you, if any.
- Change/correct any data we have about you.
- Have us delete any data we have about you.
- Express any concern you have about our use of your data.
We take precautions to protect your information. When you submit personal information via the website, your information is protected both online and offline.
While we use encryption to protect personal information transmitted online, we also protect your information offline. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job (for example, scheduling a requested appointment) are granted access to personally identifiable information. The computers/servers in which we store personally identifiable information are kept in a secure environment.
Notice of Health Information Privacy Practices
This notice is a summary of how your protected health information is used and disclosed and how you can obtain access to this information.
Uses and Disclosures of Health Information
We use health information about you for treatment, to obtain payment for treatment, for administrative purposes and to evaluate the quality of care that you receive.
We may use or disclose identifiable health information about you without your authorization for several other reasons. Subject to certain requirements, we may give out health information without authorization for public health purposes, for auditing purposes, for research studies, and for emergencies. We provide information when otherwise required by law, such as law enforcement in specific circumstances. In any other situation, we will ask for your written authorization before disclosing and identifiable health information about you. If you choose to sign an authorization to disclose information, you can later revoke that authorization to stop any future uses and disclosures.
We may change our policies at any time. Before we make a significant change in our policies, we will change our notice and post the new on in the reception area. You can also request a copy of our notice at any time. For more information about our privacy practices, contact the person below.
Although your health record is the physical property of the healthcare practitioner or facility that compiled it, the information belongs to you. You have the right to:
- Request a restriction on certain uses and disclosures of your information as provided by 45 CFR 164.522
- Obtain a paper copy of the notice of privacy practices upon request
- Inspect and obtain a copy of your health records as provided in 45 CFR 164.524
- Amend your health record as provided in 45 CFR 164.528
- Obtain an accounting of disclosures of your health information as provided in 45 CFR 164.528
- Request communications of your health information by alternative means or at alternative locations
- Revoke your authorization to use or disclose health information except to the extent that action has already been taken
The following is a statement of your rights to your health information and a brief description of how you may exercise these rights.
If you are concerned that we have violated your privacy rights, or you disagree with a decision we made about access to your records, you may contact the person listed below. You may also send a written complaint to the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.
Our Legal Duty
We are required by law to protect the privacy of your information, provide this notice about our information practices and follow the information practices that are described in this notice.